3 days, 18 friends, 1 cabin, and a whole lot of fun.
Things I learned…
- Some awesome hoola-hoop tricks.
- Croissant o’clock is around 8:30am and again at 2:00pm
- No matter how much you try to start breakfast early, making bacon wakes everyone up.
- It takes 2 hours to make 3 packs of bacon, a huge stack of waffles, hash browns and 2 dozen eggs.
- Never leave 4 teenage boys to make pizza, it ALWAYS burns.
- I can swim across the river up stream.
- Always put sunscreen on your legs when planning to tube down river for hours.
- I should NEVER play Scatergories, it only ends in fights and tears.
- Bring more allergy medicine.
- I can shoot a target (beer can) at 50 yards with an M1 Garand (the gun that won WWII)
- The best hot dogs come after hours of tubing down river and bar-b-qed on shore with a tiny Weber grill.
- Skinny dipping in broad daylight with 9 women is awesome.
We had no access to cell phones, internet, or cable television. Instead we watched movies on a projection screen in the back yard for entertainment. we also made bon fires, climbed trees, jumped off rocks into the river, and rode ATV’s.
I can’t wait for the next trip!